Buttlympics: Explosive Diarrhea Pole Vaulting
This is an intentionally bad game made for So Bad It's Good Jam 2021. Theme: One Button. I interpreted this as "One BUTTon". (This game has been moved from its original account to this alternate NSFW account).
In a world populated by butts, butt-people compete in the Buttlympics to show their athletic prowess. You've been training for the explosive diarrhea pole vault event. Do you have what it takes to be a champion?
This game will demonstrate such exceptionally poor taste, such that I'm embarASSed by it. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you are about to partake in, and for releasing this game into the world.
Instructions for Pole Vaulting:
You have 3 tries to leap over the bar without knocking it down. If you succeed, the bar is raised. Try to get the bar as high as possible.
- Run: Tap the spacebar rapidly to run and build speed.
- Plant Pole: Hold the spacebar for at least 0.5 seconds to plant the pole and vault up.
- Release Pole & Thrust: Release the space bar to unclench your cheeks / drop the pole. Any butt pressure at the time of release will be used as additional thrust.
Note: If you're launching prematurely when you intended to run, then it means that you are holding down the spacebar too long, and not tapping it rapidly enough.
- Butt athletes.
- Butt audiences numbering in the thousands? (it's random, proc gen, so it may be just in the hundreds)
- Mighty butt mountains and butt hills in the background.
- Clenching the pole with your butt cheeks while you run.
- Generous use of #FF00FF, the error color, and cyan for that retro CGA color palette look.
- My amazing vocal rendition of Aaron Copeland's Fanfare for the Common Man (1942).
- Farting as a propulsion system.
- Persistent poop debris on the track
- A butt pressure meter.
- Ultra faux realistic pole-vaulting physics
- A leaderboard that applies only to your web browser.
- Audience feedback
Third Party Attributions / ASSets:
- Dynamic Bone script by Will Hong (for the floppy butts in the title screen)
- Amplify Imposters library by Amplify Creations to make the audience members without much performance hit
- Crowd sounds from UniversalSoundFX pack
If you have a very slow computer or certain web browsers, you may need to wait a bit for the bleachers to be populated with the audience, right after the title screen. Just wait a few seconds for it to finish generating, and then play, because it will be laggy when it is generating.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.